We've made some changes we think you will like! Continue to myHMB.com to continue learning about our products.Continue to myHMB.com
What happens when you realize that your same old gym routine isn’t inspiring you to get out of bed in the morning anymore or even go to the gym? If you have been doing the same workouts week in and week out, chances are you will hit a slump or just get bored of the gym. So you are in a rut, now what?
When you are in a gym slump here are some vital tips:
1. 1. Don’t panic, it’s completely normal.
2. 2. Find some inspiring pictures of those you admire, watch some of our HMB team member’s workout footage, and read some inspirational quotes.
3. 3. Let yourself walk away from the gym for a weekend or 3 to 4 days.
4. 4. Stop making the gym a cause of stress, remember it’s an outlet.
5. 5. Learn a new exercise to incorporate into your workout.
6. 6. Download new music.
7. 7. Tell yourself you only will go for 15-20 minutes, chances are you will be there longer.
8. 8. Phone a friend for a group workout.
9. 9. Remember the reasons you go to the gym in the first place.
10. 10. Plan an event you need to be in shape for (i.e. sign up for a race/walk)
People ask me how I do it, day in and day out at 4am. I don’t exactly jump out of bed with a smile on my face, all the time anyway. I have my days where I would rather just hit my snooze and forget about the gym. I can probably count the times on one hand over the past two years where I have just done that.
So when you are in a slump, take the above advice, I know because I’ve successfully just gotten out of one. I’ve been back in the gym with a new fury and new inspiration. I’m ready to take some new workout footage and get back to having fun in the gym!
I thank all my Team HMB members for putting up workout footage and inspirational blogs!